Okay so today I’m experimenting for tonight’s potluck. I based this off the recipe at http://www.plantbasedchristian.com/cherry-orange-chocolate-muffins/ which is pretty easy to follow so I suggest you try that first.
I’m not expecting anyone to follow this craziness but I’ll attempt to explain what I did to make these muffins today. The finishing touches at the end were probably the best part. Sorry if the measurements aren’t exact since I really did wing this one.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
1.5 cups rolled oats
1.5 cups millet
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup strawberries, unsweetened (approx)
2 cups bananas, frozen (approx)
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
1/2 pound dates (8oz)
Juice from 1 Lemon
2 sweet potatoes, cooked
1/2 tsp ground vanilla
Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
Medjool Dates, chopped, as needed
2 cups frozen and defrosted cherries
1) Mix all dry and wet ingredients in their separate blenders
2) Pour contents of both blenders into bowl and stir batter thoroughly
3) Portion out batter into muffin cups
4) Top with tiny crumbles of Bakers Chocolate
5) Top with tiny chopped bits of Medjool dates
6) Top with sliced cherries
The larger muffin pan took about 35 minutes and the smaller one was only 25 minutes.