Archives for May 2016
This is just something I often throw together when making desserts for others. It’s easily customized for what fruit you have on hand.
Pre-heat Oven to 400 degrees.
Medjool Dates, chopped
Fruit as a base (Pears shown here, however usually I use apples)
Fruit as an addition (Blueberries shown here, however usually I used frozen cherries or blackberries)
Pumpkin Pie Spice
1) Soak 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds in 12oz water. Shake occasionally but they will be ready by the time you need them.
2) Squeeze lemons and soak the dates in the juice
3) Cut Fruit
4) Mix all ingredients into baking dish
5) Cover and bake for 30 minutes
6) Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes
Side Tips (for the curious): The lemon juice will prevent the fruit from turning brown so mix well immediately after cutting the fruit. Also don’t skip the soaking step for the Chia seeds as they need at least 5 minutes to plump up to get the correct consistency.
At the Ragnar Relay race this weekend they had this Hot Apple Ginger Spice drink that was absolutely delicious especially in the cold weather. You know I had to steal….uh borrow the recipe.
Mix ingredients in blender on low since you want it a little chunky. Heat on stove till it’s warmed through.
How you like that Hot Chocolate?