Okay this recipe I completely changed to make it a healthy energy brownie. Also used my famous blender method to make things simple. NOTE: you will need a
high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec.
You can test your own substitutions to see if you have good luck too. Substitutions from the original recipe included:
Eggs → Replaced with → Chickpea flour
Sugar → Replaced with → Dates + Maple Syrup
Oil → Replaced with → Peanut Butter
Chocolate Chips → Replaced with → 100% unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
½ Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Water (+ more as needed)
¾ Cup Pitted Dates
½ Cup Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 Cups Purple Sweet Potatoes (cooked)
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 Cup Chickpea Flour
1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
100% unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate (optional)
1) In high speed Blender, mix Water, Peanut Butter, Dates, Maple Syrup. Blend till smooth
2) Add sweet potatoes. Blend till smooth
3) In separate mixing bowl, mix flours, cacao, baking powder, and cinnamon
4) Add blender mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well and add water in small amounts as needed till batter is consistency of brownie mix (ie. little bit thicker than pancake batter).
5) Scoop into baking pan. Cover with shaved chocolate bits(optional)
6) Bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees. NOTE: These will be a little gooey inside but will firm up when chilled.