This is stupid easy and only 5 minutes effort if you have already cooked the beans and rice. I used an instant pot(electric pressure cooker) to cook the beans and rice in advance.
Brown Rice, cooked
Black beans, cooked
Diced tomatoes, drained (2 cans)
1) Pour tomatoes, raw garlic, and spices into black beans. Mix well. Add more spices to taste
2) Enjoy with tortillas or freeze in meal prep containers to enjoy later
This recipe was inspired from the PlantPure Frozen Meals https://www.plantpurenation.com/pages/frozen-entrees-ingredient-and-nutrition-information
I plan to experiment more with meal prep. The idea here is I can make tasty and healthy meals in batch, freeze them, and then later enjoy them at work. I’m trying out these (https://www.amazon.com/Certified-BPA-Free-Reusable-Microwavable-Containers/dp/B0128YT76S) and while they are reuseable and sturdy, I’m switching over to the glass kind (https://www.amazon.com/Container-Leakproof-Microwave-Dishwasher-Rectangle/dp/B0175EUOL8). At work, I use a Hot Logic heating plate (https://www.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mini-Personal-Portable-Black/dp/B00EC7XJ00) so don’t have to bother with a microwave.
So today I created meal prep for Spaghetti and Veggie “Meat” Balls. My recipe for the plant-based “meat” balls is at http://www.vegcheferic.com/recipe/veggie-meat-balls-draft-edition/. Other than that I just cooked the pasta, added some spaghetti sauce, frozen peas, and some brazil nuts for good measure. This is very similar to the PlantPure frozen meal version they have.
Life has been busy lately with all the running so haven’t been posting many recipes lately. Tonight I only had 15 minutes so this is what I threw together. It was super simple and delicious so sharing here in case you want to steal it.
1 can black beans, rinsed/drained
Shallots (they cook faster than regular onions)
1) Cook Quinoa in instant pot with 2:1 ratio for 8 minutes (yes I cheated here so if you don’t have an instant pot, just use the stove and it still shouldn’t take that long)
2) In pan, sauté shallots and Kale in veggie broth for about two minutes
3) Add beans, garlic, and chiptole powder. Mash and cook for another few minutes
4) Top everything in lettuce wrap and enjoy.