This is my first attempt at making plant based “meat” balls. My goal was to make something healthy but also tasted good. They turned out wayyyy better than
I thought and must say I’m hooked since they are delicious. Also I’ve been toying with meal prep so the idea is I can make big batches, freeze them, and th
en enjoy them later at work. I may post my progress for different recipe ideas on this if others are interested too.
NOTE: This is a draft release so I don’t have exact measurements yet but I will let you know roughly how I did it. I wasn’t specifically trying to make them
Gluten-Free too, but turns out these are.
Red Onion, chopped finely
Carrots, chopped finely
Garlic cloves, chopped finely
Chia Seeds, Soaked
Multi-Grain 5-Seed Baked Crackers (I get these at Costco)
Benson’s Table Tasty
Tofu, Extra Firm, Pressed
1) Sauté Onions and Carrots
2) Blend Cashews and Crackers in dry Vitamix attachment until fine powder
3) Crush Tofu into tiny bits. Add Chia seeds, spices, garlic, and onion/carrot mixture. Mix well.
4) Add enough of the Cashew and Crackers powder till have firm mixture
5) Mold into balls and coat lightly with powder mixture
6) Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes